Posted on blue paint for bathroom 2018 February 26, 2018
We got started on the two upstairs bathrooms shortly after the new year & I am excited to finally share the details as well as some before & after pictures! These bathrooms were so fun to update, I think bathrooms might be my favorite room in the house to remodel. Give me all the subway + hex tile!
In our second upstairs bathroom, which is smaller & we use for guests, we did a very similar style but used one large mirror & undermount sinks.
sources: // // // mirrors (similar here and ) //
A lot of you have asked about doing bathroom updates on a budget so I wanted to share a few of the things we did here to save money & some tips for adding style while doing it yourself!
- Salvage whatever you can, most importantly the tub & existing cabinets. This can easily add up to a few thousand dollars, but also helps to keep the original feel of the house. We painted the cabinets using an oil based paint (Fieldstone by Benjamin Moore in eggshell finish) & added new black hardware. If you are able to leave existing vanities, you don’t have to mess with flooring, and in our case was hardwoods, so it saved us a ton of money.
- The countertops were super dated, but by finding an affordable style of quartz (under per square foot) we were able to replace them which completely updated the look of the vanities. We added new sinks & faucets, all for around each from Amazon (significantly less expensive than high end hardware companies).
- White subway tile & hex tile on the floors are both crazy inexpensive, but allow you to update a bathroom and still feel super classic. I don’t think they will ever go out of style!! They also make a huge statement, so if you can carry them to the ceiling or wrap them around a water closet, it wouldn’t cost much more! Our tile for both of these bathrooms cost less than 0!
- Skip traditional towel bars for fun wall hooks, lots of style and a custom feel for little money & work.
- Don’t skimp on lighting or mirrors, they’re the custom pieces that will make the room, and again, you can do these quite inexpensively, look at amazon or home goods!
And here is a shot of one of the bathrooms before (the only picture I could find which I think is from the original house listing!).
I would love to still add some framed art on the walls but we will have to save that for another day, it’s bath time! XO
Luxury manish arora fashion shows collection 2018
Random floral designs 2018
Teal and black dresses 2018
Gumpaste lily of the valley tutorial
Gold jewellery designs earrings with price 2018
Cute hairstyles for cute winter hats 2018
Stradivarius september 2018 lookbook