Haunted Graveyard Cake
3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/4 c. unsalted butter
1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
freshly brewed coffee
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. granulated sugar
bittersweet chocolate chips
Pastry bag fitted with fine writing tip
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat two 9-in. round cake pans with cooking spray, line the bottoms with parchment paper and coat the paper with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar and 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy, 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, then beat in 1 Tbsp vanilla. Reduce the mixer to low and alternately add the flour mixture and the sour cream, mixing just until incorporated. Add the coffee, mixing until incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared pans and bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let the cakes cool in the pans for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting: Heat the heavy cream, granulated sugar and remaining 1/2 cup butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts. Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips, stirring until melted and smooth. Stir in the remaining 2 tsp vanilla. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until thick and spreadable, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature until ready to frost (refrigerating it for too long will make the frosting
- Place one of the cakes on a platter and spread 1 cup frosting over the top. Top with the remaining cake and spread with the remaining frosting.
Video: How To Make GraveYard Cake
How Much Salt Should You Really Be Eating
10 foods that can help you fight stress
8 Things All Couples Must Discuss Before Moving In Together
Banana Republic’s NYFW Collection To Go On Sale Instantly
10 Ways to Get a Better Night’s Sleep When You Have Psoriatic Arthritis
21 Cute Summer Outfits You’ll Love This Season
I scorched 8 stone for a sun-ready body
How to Make a Cardboard Model Caravan
Dex4 Gel Tropical Blast
Tassels Are Trending Hard This Summer: 25 Ways to GetInvolved
How to Make a Head in a Jar
Date: 17.12.2018, 18:41 / Views: 65383