Start Your Own Natural & Organic Skincare Business - Step 1: Create Your Skincare
How to Begin a Natural Skin Care Regime
You can create your own skin care treatments using common items found right in your own kitchen or garden. At-home remedies can be just as or more effective as the ones you can buy in a store, and making them yourself can also save money. It is important to test and experiment different recipes to find the best regimen for you.
Determining Your Skin Concerns
Determine if your skin is sensitive to harsher ingredients.If your skin already becomes red, irritated, or acne-riddled when exposed to the sun, other skin products, or perfume, then you have sensitive skin.
Determine target concerns for your skin.These might include wrinkling, acne, dull skin, or dark spots.
Decide how much time and effort you want to spend on your skincare.A full skincare regimen involves exfoliator, cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and spot treatments, but you do not have to use all five. Most skin products either clean or moisturize your skin.
Designing Your Skin Regimen
Pick which ingredients you want to use.Below is a list of moisturizing at-home ingredients.
- For dry skin: olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, cream, honey, avocado, aloe vera
- For oily skin: lemon juice diluted with water, egg white, tomatoes, shredded apple, shredded cucumber, apple cider vinegar
- For combination skin: yogurt, milk, honey, avocado, shredded apple, shredded cucumber
- For normal skin: yogurt, honey, avocado, almond oil, green tea
Decide if you want to make a scrub with some of the above ingredients.Scrubs slough off dead, dull skin cells while locking moisture into the remaining skin. Most scrubs are equal parts liquid (listed above) and exfoliant (listed below):
- Sugar, brown or white
- Oatmeal or dried oats
- Fresh strawberries
Pick ingredients to treat acne if applicable.You can apply spot, leave-on treatments to acne so that your skin clears up while not irritating other skin areas. These are best applied with Q-tips or cotton balls.
- 3 drops of tea tree oil that has been diluted to 5-15% to your problem area daily.
- 6 drops of jojoba oil to keep your skin moisturized while not promoting acne growth.
- 3 drops of lemon juice to your problem area daily. The acidity of lemon juice kills a lot of bacteria causing acne.
Pick your daily moisturizer.This can be an oil, aloe vera gel, or any other moisturizing lotion that does not aggravate your skin if left on for more than 15 minutes.
- It may seem strange to use a moisturizer that contains oil when you have acne, but oil dissolves other oils, and the sebum in acne is an oil. Many dermatologists recommend oil-based moisturizers because they are hygroscopic and attract/hold water, which will hydrate your skin.
- You can buy a moisturizer that is all-natural or organic, but not made at home.
Beginning Your Regimen
Take your ingredients and mix them together to create your skin masks, scrubs, and moisturizers.Listed below are some examples of common masks and scrubs:
- 1 egg white and 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ripe avocado and 2 tablespoons yogurt
Introduce your new regimen slowly.First try your new regimen for 1 day out of the week, then 2, then 3. Depending on your skin type and chosen ingredients, you might only need your face mask once a week, or scrub twice a week. Notice what balance is best for you.
Wash your skin 1 time a day, and always moisturize right after while your skin is still damp.
- If you have dry or sensitive skin, use warm water.
- Use light and gentle motions to cleanse. This may help prevent wrinkles and will not irritate your skin.
Moisturize right before going to bed unless you have oily skin, so that your skin can absorb moisture while you are sleeping.This is particularly important for dry skin areas.
QuestionIs a 13 year-old girl able to use this kind of skin care routine?Tansy_200Community AnswerYes. However, considering your skin is youthful, you should wear plenty of sunscreen and only exfoliate once a week.Thanks!
QuestionWhat do I do to have flawless skin in a short time?Tansy_200Community AnswerIn the morning, wash your face with a cleanser. Moisturize and put on sunscreen. Throughout the day, apply lip balm and sunscreen whenever you feel like it is necessary. Eat plenty of oily fish (like salmon), nuts, seeds, berries and veggies. Wash your face in the evenings with a cleanser, and moisturize with shea butter. Once a week, make a face mask out of equal parts avocado, honey and oats to soothe your face.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I stick to the regime?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerKeep a calendar just for your skin care regimen with all of the steps listed. Put it in your bathroom (somewhere you'll see it) so you remember.Thanks!
QuestionShould I apply baby products if I am 12 year old girl?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerUsing baby products is fine at almost any age. The ingredients in them are a lot milder and better for sensitive skin. So go ahead!Thanks!
QuestionShould I use a Clarisonic brush at age 13?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAlthough the Clarisonic brush is a great cleansing tool, wait a few years so it does not damage your youthful skin.Thanks!
QuestionWhat can I do if I have really oily skin and I am going through puberty?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerUse some acne cream if it gets bad, but you can still moisturize your skin every day.Thanks!
QuestionWhat can I do if I have a white patch on my skin?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSimply use a toner every day until it fades or stops being noticeable. Even after it's gone, it's still a good idea to use toner. You can simply use apple cider vinegar, but make sure to patch test first in case of allergic reaction.Thanks!
When should I apply toner?
As a skin routine, when should I use face wash?
Can I use baby powder for my oily skin?
How do I begin a natural skin care regime if I am a young teen?
How do I make my face beautiful when parts of my face are oily and other parts are dry?
- Many natural skin care recipes can be made ahead and will keep for several days when refrigerated.
- An awesome deodorant consists of just essential oil diluted in water.
- For acne, try tea tree oil, lemon, or toothpaste.
- Know that your skin might change with age, hormonal differences, and stress level.
- Have fun and enjoy experimenting with the different items so that you can discover the ingredients and recipes that work the best for you. There are thousands of natural skin care recipes that can address a wide range of skin care issues from combating acne outbreaks to healing skin irritations.
- Use almond oil around your eye to get rid of dark circles.
- If an ingredient is irritating your skin, stop using it! Otherwise, keep using the regimen for a few weeks before deciding if it works well for you.
- Feel free to experiment with other fresh fruit and vegetables. Popular choices include cucumber, strawberries, bananas, and papaya.
- Be stress-free. Eat right. A healthy diet gives you healthy skin. Drink lots of water.
- If you are allergic to certain foods, don’t use them in a natural skin care recipe either.
Sources and Citations
- Michalun, V. M. , DiNardo J. (2014) Skin Care and Cosmetic Ingredients Dictionary, ISBN: 978-1-285-06079-8
In other languages:
Español: , Русский: , Português: , Italiano: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Deutsch:
Video: How to Start a Natural Products Business - Lessons Learned
E-Cigarette Poisonings Skyrocket Among Young Kids
The 2008 Red Dress Collection
Shop All Your Favourite Pieces At The Juicy Couture Spring Sale
10 Times Celebrities Posed Topless with Their Pets forInstagram
11 Hot Celebrity-Athlete Couples That Rival Posh andBecks
How to Create an Anime Story
Blonde vs brunette: 11 celebrities help you decide
How to Safely Stop Taking Mood Stabilizers
How to Cure Heartburn
Tom Sandoval was in two Bon Jovi music videos
Knowing the 3 Steps to CPR Could Save a Life