HOW TO CONVINCE OR PERSUADE ANYONE | PSYCHOLOGICAL TRICKS
How to Convince a Friend to Walk Away
Assess the situation.Look at the aggressor. Are there multiple aggressors? Observe your surroundings. Are there people watching? Are there others who could intervene? Chances are, there might be a cop who just happens to be watching. The cop will most likely intervene in this case. If so, he/she is most likely better trained than you, let him/her take it from there.
Convince your friend to walk away.Think up of whatever you can to get them out of there ASAP. Tell them you need to talk to them in private. Or just flat out tell them to walk away. Trust your instinct on this one.
- If your friend attacks. Most people looking to pick a fight will attempt to coerce the victim into throwing the first punch. If your friend moves towards the aggressor with a raised fist, firmly grab his/her wrist. If this isn't enough, restrain your friend in whatever way you can (if there's more than two of you, this will be easier). If they have something in their hand (i.e. knife, broken glass, etc.), take it off them. At this point, your friend will probably realize the impulsiveness of his/her actions.
- If a fight occurs. All else has failed, and now your friend and the aggressor commence a full out brawl. Now its necessary to intervene. Your only concern now is to break up the fight.
- Scenario A: Your friend is winning. If your friend is clearly winning the fight, pull him/her off the opponent. If the opponent is smart, they will most likely walk away at this point.
- Scenario B: Your friend is losing. The opponent has your friend pinned to the ground, and you have to get your friend out of there! Your only option here is to attack the aggressor yourself. The attacker is distracted, leaving you with a free shot. The attacker might be stronger, but there are two of you, and only one of him. See more on how to fight
Get out of Dodge.However you resolve this situation, there's no reason to stick around, you're better off leaving. If the attacker leaves, chances are they might bring back a few friends of their own, and the last thing you need is multiple attackers.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- If the amount of people attacking your friend outnumber you and any other friends that might be with you, call for help.
- This article assumes there is only one aggressor. In most situations, the aggressor won't be alone. That being said, the aggressor's posse might not necessarily want to get directly involved.
- If there are other people with the aggressor, then they might join in on the fighting/insulting as well.
- Alternatively, if a fight does occur between your friend and the aggressor, the aggressor's friends might be thinking the exact same thing as you, and assist in breaking up the fight. Don't expect this, but don't count it out either. If this does happen, use it to your advantage.
- Also based upon the assumptions of this article, this will most likely apply if you see your friend being approached while you're watching from a distance.
- The vast majority of fights ARE completely avoidable, and completely unnecessary.
- This may seem cowardly, but if you can't do anything else, save yourself. This way you can get help for your friend, or you can be a witness once the attackers get caught. By doing this, you might lose the trust of your friend, so be careful.
- The attacker may have a weapon.
- You can end up getting hurt if you get in between two people.
- Don't do anything you might regret.
- Your goal here is to get your friend (and yourself) out of trouble.
Video: 6 Phrases That Instantly Persuade People
How to Access a Blocked Email Account
Habit wants to fix your nutrition with DNA tests and personalized meals
Tradition Meets Contemporary Chic At Pringle’s New Flagship Store
How to lose fat on double chin
The New Rules for Wearing Bright Colors
7 Sex Positions You Can Actually Pull Off On The Beach
Dolly Parton’s Biggest Hair Moments
Shop new season style for less with Marie Claire Fashion Sales Genius
8 Amazing Benefits Of Barley Water To Cure Kidney Stones
The Deadpool Gag Reel Is 6 Minutes Of Filth And Fun
Date: 12.12.2018, 17:41 / Views: 43272