How to Look Good in Jeans and a T-Shirt! 9 Clothing Hacks for Denim!
How to Look Good in Jeans (Women)
Most people have a pair of jeans that they love. These jeans usually fit perfectly and make the wearer feel like a million bucks every time they put them on. But if you don’t have a pair of jeans like this, you may be choosing the wrong jeans for your body type. There are lots of easy ways to look great in your jeans and if you follow through, you too can have a pair of jeans that you can’t get enough of.
Choosing Jeans Based on Color and Cut
Buy into boot cut.Boot cut jeans are the most flattering style of jeans and they look great on almost every body type. Boot cut jeans are fitted through the thigh, with a tighter knee and a slight flare at the bottom.
- Boot cut jeans show off your curves, but also help balance out your thighs.
- Tuck a loose blouse into your boot cut jeans and add a belt to give the outfit some edge.
Wear skinny jeans.If you have a smaller butt, opt for skinny jeans instead. They’ll make your behind look bigger, when compared to the size of your legs. But skinny jeans are not just for skinny people - anyone can wear skinny jeans, as long as they're styled correctly.
- Look for skinny jeans with some stretch to give yourself a little more room to move and breathe.
- Wear skinny jeans with tops that stop just above the widest portion of your hips.
- Tuck your skinny jeans into knee-high boots, or wear them with ballet flats during warmer weather.
Buy jeans made of a stretch fabric.Jeans fit differently depending on the fabric they’re made of and jeans made of stretch fabrics are consistently the most flattering looking and comfortably fitting.
- Look for jean blends that include lycra, elastane, polyurethane, or spandex.
- The stretch of the jean will help condense your thighs and make your bottom look higher and tighter.
Pick the correct rise.Jeans come in a variety of different fits, but across the board, the most flattering rise is the mid-rise jean. Look for a jean that sits a few inches above your pelvic bone, but still underneath your belly button.
- Low rise jeans put pressure on your stomach, which causes your fat to bunch up above your waistline.
- High-rise pairs draw more attention to your stomach.
- Look for a contour waistband to keep the jeans from creating a gap between your back and the waistband of your jeans.
- A contour waistband is a waistband that is cut on the bias, thereby making it more flexible.
Choose jeans with a strategic fade.Denim comes in many different colors and faded jeans come in and out of fashion. Choose a jean with a slight fade in the center of the leg; the fade will make your legs look longer and leaner.
- Avoid jeans with fading on your thighs or behind. These will only make problem areas more obvious.
- Pair faded jeans with a tucked in black tee and a brightly colored heel.
Invest in dark wash jeans.Everyone knows that wearing black can make you look slimmer, but the same goes for dark wash jeans. The darker the jeans, the longer and leaner your lower body will look.
- If you find a dark wash that flatters your body, buy a couple pairs in different cuts.
- Avoid distressed and lighter wash jeans. They will make you look stockier than you really are.
Make sure you're buying the correct size.Jean sizes vary from store to store; some stores use vanity sizing, others don't. Jean sizes also vary depending on the fabric used to construct the jeans (jeans with more elastic fabrics have more give than jeans without).
- When shopping for jeans, make sure to try on multiple sizes before committing.
- Some department stores offer professional fittings.
- If you are experiencing bagginess, bunching, gapping, wrinkles or puckering, these are signs that your jeans do not fit correctly.
Using Exercise to Make Your Jeans Fit Better
Try lunges.Lunges work your butt, thigh and core muscles and are a great way to make your lower half look stronger and leaner. To start, stand with your feet together and your hands on your hips.
- Take a step forward with your right leg and lower your body until your left knee is an inch from the ground and your right thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Distribute your weight evenly between both feet, then return to your starting position and do the same exercise on the other side.
- Start with 15 lunges on both sides each day and try to work your way up.
- Make the exercise even harder by using your free hands to hold dumbbells.
Do squats.Like lunges, squats also work your butt, thighs and core. Start with your feet shoulder width apart, with your toes slightly turned out. Lower your body down towards the floor until your thighs are at a 90 degree angle to the floor.
- Keep your torso upright and look straight in front of you.
- Return to your starting position by straightening your legs and keeping your weight equally spread between the balls and heels of your feet.
- Use each of your hands to hold a dumbbell at your sides.
- Start by doing one minute of squats each day, then work your way up.
Experiment with trying a bridge and leg lift.This exercise is helpful in strengthening your butt, hamstrings and lower back. To start, lie on your back on the floor. Keep your knees bent, plant your feet on the floor and leave your arms by your sides. Lift your hips off the floor, tightening your abs as you do so.
- Raise your right foot and straighten the leg. Hold this position for three seconds, then return to the floor.
- Repeat the same exercise on the other side. Try to do fifteen bridge lifts on each side, each day.
- To keep from over-arching your back, flex your abs and hold them like this for the entirety of the exercise.
Enhancing Your Natural Assets While Wearing Jeans
Use pockets to flatter your behind.Back pockets are one of jeans’ most useful secret weapons – you can use them to make your behind look fuller or leaner, depending on your personal preferences and body type.
- If you want to make your bottom look smaller, avoid back pockets with a flap, or details like buttons, studs or embroidery. Look for jeans with oversized pockets – they’ll make your butt look small by comparison.
- If you want to make your backside look larger, seek out jeans with lots of embellishments on the back pockets. You can also look for pockets that are high and centered.
Wear heels.Heels might not be the most comfortable shoes, but there’s a reason women continue to suffer through wearing them. Heels elongate your bottom half and make your legs look long and lean.
- Walking in heels also requires that you work your calf, thigh and glute muscles, which also makes you look more toned.
- Pair your heels with a pair of denim flares for an elegant 70’s throwback.
- Cropped jeans make your legs look shorter, so always wear them with heels.
Choose the right inseam.Your inseam is the length of a pair of pants from your crotch to the bottom of your legs. If your inseam is too long, your pants won't fit correctly. You can measure your inseam at home by taking a pair of pants that fit you well and measuring from the bottom of the zipper to the hem of the pants.
- If you find a pair of pants that fits well everywhere but the inseam, take them to a tailor to have them hemmed.
- If you plan to wear these jeans with heels, bring the heels to the tailor too.
Pay attention to the yoke of your jeans.The yoke is a seam on your jeans that falls below the waistband but above the rear pockets. Look for a yoke that is located near the top of your butt, a few inches below the small of your back.
- To make your butt look rounder, look for a yoke that arcs upwards.
- Deep-V yokes and straight seam yokes will make your butt look flatter than it actually is.
QuestionWhich type of tops to choose to look smart with jeans?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerA good top to look smart would be simple or personal. Something that is simple enough to let you shine first rather than stealing the show. It could also be personal and meaningful to you. For example, a blouse with a print or a color that makes you smile, or a t-shirt of your favorite band. Avoid obvious branding: it shows a need to fit in and a lack of self-confidence. Confidence is key to looking smart. Feeling great about yourself will make you look smart.Thanks!
QuestionWhy low rise type suits for girls?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerLow rise does not fit all girls. Low rise is a statement in itself and can be worn as a trend or to emphasize a figure. For example, if you have a shorter torso, low rise jeans will create the illusion of a longer torso. A great low-rise pair of jeans should have some ease at the waistband, so that it does not create bulges. You should feel comfortable and it should not show your underwear. Make sure to choose jeans that are not too tight even if they stretch. If putting the jeans on is difficult, the jeans are too tight. If it leaves you red marks: it's too tight.Thanks!
QuestionCan I wear jeans to a night club?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerDark skinny jeans can be a very flattering club look. You can dress them up with heels, jewelry, and a nice top. I wouldn't wear anything that's baggy, distressed, or too light though as it looks too casual. Whenever you're clubbing, it's important that you feel sexy and comfortable so you can have a good time.Thanks!
QuestionMy legs are fat, what are the best jeans for this problem?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerBoyfriend or mom jeans can give the illusion of thin thighs. Both boyfriend and mom jeans are baggy.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I fit in jeans if I have a protruding pelvic bone? The crotch area is wrinkled.wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerOpt for jeans with an elastic top.Thanks!
QuestionMy legs are very skinny. What are the best jeans for this problem?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerLook for "boyfriend jeans" that are a bit baggy.Thanks!
Video: How to look GOOD in just JEANS & A T-SHIRT HACKS!
Tetrahydrozoline Nasal Reviews
How To Meet Someone When Youre HIV Positive
How to Practice Kaizen
I Need To Stop Boring Myself Into Eating
I Tried On All the Corduroy Pieces Out There So You Dont Have To
Love Stories: Marriage by Healthcare
5 Pairs Of Underwear That Are Invisible Under White Pants
43 Ways to Look Cool inBed
View the trailer below
How to Complain Effectively in Any Situation
How to Avoid Common Mistakes when Hiring an Attorney