How to Study like Hermione Granger
How to Study Like Hermione Granger
Want to get straight A's in every subject? Want to be top of the class? Well, read this article on how to study like Hermione Granger (fromHarry Potter) and you'll be acing those tests in no time!
Setting up the study zone
Set up a good studying area.A large desk and maybe a bookshelf is required. Have a decent quill and a lot of ink (for Muggles, don't let your pens run out––buy extra). Make sure you have all the materials (e.g. pens, pencils, paper, highlighters) that you may require to complete your study ready and near by so that you can avoid interruptions during your study time.
Use different books for every subject so you do not get confused.If you want to get super organised, you can colour code your books. This can be done by having a certain colour for each of your classes/subjects, and purchasing a folder and book in that classes' specific colour. (e.g. Red for maths, yellow for English, blue for Science).
Make planners.Hermione makes planners. Homework planners may seem nerdy, but you're trying to be Hermione Granger, the class Know-it-all. So if you don't want to do this step, it's completely your choice. But remember, the real Hermione wouldn't have taken offense to anything. (Apart from the first time she was called a Mud-Blood but we can live with that because not everyone is made of solid rock.)
- To make a homework planner, grab a suitable lined book. Use a non-removable stickiness charm, and decorate the inside. Also, put a spell on it so it shouts out quotes at you whenever you open it (that's what Hermione did for Ron and Harry.) But make sure you can use these spells properly before attempting; if you haven't a clue as a Muggle, you will have to use ink or coloured pen for the quotes and glue in some cool decorations that make it seem like a "charmed" book.
Having good study practices
Take notes in everything.This means that when it does come time to study, you have all the information you need in front of you.
- Use notation forms that are useful for you; don't copy other forms unless you actually find them useful. It is often best to develop your own highlighting methods, your own shorthand, and your own summarizing techniques.
Ask yourself questions on what you are reading.Doing this will indicate whether or not you understood what you have read.
- Read the passage or paragraphs.
- Brainstorm a few questions based on what you read.
- Read the passage or paragraph once more and answer the questions.
Making studying more enjoyable
If you do not like studying, give yourself goals or rewards for doing study.For example: "After doing 30 minutes of maths study, I am allowed to have a small square of chocolate." It is also good to include physical movement breaks as a reward; for example, after 1-hour study, allow yourself a five-minute walk or stretch before coming back to the books.
If you really don't like the subjects, turn Science to Potions or maybe Maths to Arithmancy.
Have fun whilst studying.While this may be hard a lot of the time, try to inject enjoyment into some of the studying. If something really interests you, learn more about it in your own way and become more knowledgeable in it so that you can wow the teacher.
Listen to some music.Hermione doesn't do this, but it can help you to study if you're so inclined. You could listen to all sorts of genres, like Blues, Jazz, R&B, Pop Rock, etc... Whatever floats your boat. However usually music with no lyrics works the best so that you are not getting distracted by what is being sung in the song.
Study a lot of the time but don't forget to sleep!Sleep will not only make you look good and feel refreshed but will also boost your concentration level.
Study for weeks in advance.If you know you have a test at the end of the year, then ask the teacher what you need to do to get the highest grade (or level for you Muggles) and then study all of the time until you are certain this is correct. Do this for all of your lessons.
QuestionHow do I make myself study like I am really Hermione Granger?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTo study like you are Hermione, follow all these steps and read whenever you can, preferably non-fiction books. Read at lunch, when you finish work early and just try to cram in a page or two whenever you can. She also tries to go to bed early.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I study like Hermione Granger if I am not smart?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIncrease your cleverness and broaden your knowledge. Go to the library and read some nonfiction books to catch up a bit. Study every day, and increase the amount you study each time.Thanks!
QuestionAre there real versions of the books they read in Harry Potter?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes! There's a three-book pack called "Hogwarts Library" and they contain copies of "Quidditch Through the Ages," "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," and "The Tales of Beedle The Bard"! They're fantastic, and if you read them on a chilly day while drinking some tea or butterbeer, you really feel as though you're at Hogwarts.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I be like Hermione even more?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTry to study everything about her and emulate it.Thanks!
QuestionHow does Hermione study before the exams?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerHermione Granger is extremely organized, so make sure you are, too. Have all of your supplies right next to you while you study and take lots of notes and review all of your books. Study even more than you need to.Thanks!
QuestionWhat should I do if I can't stay organized?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can just study in a way that you are comfortable with, and you can try your best to be organized. You can even try out different strategies to help stay organized.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I not get bored or distracted?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTry to focus on your goals, and put away any technology that might distract you.Thanks!
QuestionI have to find time, but it is getting really tough. What can I do?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you don’t have much time, then pay attention the most you can in school. Any free time you have, spend it any way you want.Thanks!
QuestionWhat can I do if I'm not very good at memorizing things?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you want to memorize something, you just need to repeat it over and over again. A good method is to read the material over several times, then write it out a few times, then try to explain it out loud, even if you're just talking to yourself. If you feel like that works well, try to explain it again the next day to make sure you haven't forgotten.Thanks!
QuestionIs it better to study alone or in a group with Muggles?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt really depends on the person. Some people like studying in groups and some people prefer to study alone. It's all about finding out what you want for yourself.Thanks!
How do I study like Hermione Granger if I am dyslexic and have trouble concentrating and remembering things?
- If the internet is too addicting or you keep getting distracted at home, head to the library, not only will you get some quiet and be able to focus, if you cannot find certain information from your books, search in all the books around you.
- Take a small beaded bag. Add a few charms to make the bottom and put all your school stuff in it.
- Get different colored pens for each subject and when reading a passage for exams (muggle versions of OWLs and NEWTs) and use different highlighters to mark different things--yellow for important people, pink for dates, etc.
- Don't get too comfy! Always have a drink to keep hydrated and a snack in case you get hungry. Make sure you're snacking on healthy things, such as fruit and yoghurt, not things like chips and lollies. Eating junk food whilst studying is a bad idea because it will make you feel tired and sluggish, however healthy snacks will boost your energy levels and allow you to concentrate better. Before you study take a nice warm shower or bath and get in some comfortable clothes. Remember don't study on your bed because you will train your brain to think that your bed is somewhere to work, which will make it harder for you to get to sleep when you want to. Instead of studying in your bed, opt for a desk (preferably with lots of room for all your books) and a nice chair.
- Your study space should be very neat and organized. Being neat will help you stay calmer while studying.
- Whilst studying take on one subject at a time going through all of them at once could give you a headache so focus on one subject at a time.
- Don't spend too much time studying and end up putting off seeing your friends. Remember that Hermione highly values her friendship with Harry and Ron, so make sure you take a break from your studying to make time to spend with your friends and family.
- If you are putting in a larger desk or bookshelf, get someone to help you like a family member or friend or someone from the store you bought it from.
Video: How to be like Hermione Granger at School
Dime lo que deseas y te diré lo que necesitas
End the Blame Game With These Simple Steps
COS AutumnWinter 2014 Campaign
The Best Fall Campaigns: Donna Karan, Prada,More
How to Adopt a Sporting Dog
How to Buy a Modular Kitchen
How to Prune a Magnolia Tree
Blockchain technology explainer from an expert
How to Handle Yourself After a Motorcycle Accident
20Couples Who Prove True Love Can Live Forever
Ghostly Nail Art For Halloween: Follow TheseSteps
Are These 2019’s Hottest Trainers
American Idol—The Finalists Compete
One Doctors Mission To Help Terminally Ill Patients Face Their Mortality With Honesty, Dignity, And Compassion