Pasta e Fagioli Recipe
Pasta e Fagioli Bake
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. olive oil
can white kidney beans (cannellini)
can plum tomatoes in juice
3/4 c. chicken broth
1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 c. grated Romano cheese
2 tbsp. grated Romano cheese
slice firm white bread
1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In large saucepot, cook pasta in boiling salted water as label directs. Drain well, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Return pasta to saucepot; set reserved cooking water aside.
- Meanwhile, in 4-quart saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until browned, stirring occasionally. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Pour off all but 1 teaspoon bacon fat from saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onion and 2 teaspoons olive oil, and cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 teaspoon minced garlic, and cook 1 minute, stirring. Stir in beans, tomatoes with their juice, chicken broth, pepper, and cooked bacon, breaking up tomatoes with side of spoon; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To pasta in saucepot, add bean mixture, 1/4 cup Romano cheese, and reserved pasta cooking water; toss well. Transfer mixture to 3-quart casserole.
- In small bowl, toss bread crumbs with parsley, remaining olive oil, remaining minced garlic, and remaining 2 tablespoons Romano cheese until evenly coated. Sprinkle crumb mixture over pasta. Bake pasta 15 minutes, uncovered, until hot and bubbly and top is golden.
Video: Italian Grandma Makes Pasta e Fagioli - Beans 3 Ways
FREE Haircut Blow-Dry For Marie Claire Readers
8 Crazy-Easy Stuffed Zucchini Recipes
4 Ways To Increase Your Profit With Content Marketing
Stick to Your Goals with Meaningful Motivators
Celebrating World Water Day
My Wild, Irish Skin Cancer: Actor Donal Logue Goes Under the Knife
How to Wrap Flowers
Dex4 Tropical Fruit
Stylish DIY Stitched Summer Hat
Taylor Swift Just Dropped New Single Look What You Made MeDo
Date: 08.12.2018, 22:36 / Views: 61292