Looking for an update about the latest color trends in interiors and design?
Due to its international acclaim, Milan Design Week is the best event where to spot the latest news and trends in interior and design.purple
We spent the whole week in Milan for the design week of April 2018, visiting all the top locations and the Salone fair (we even published ) and we are ready to give you now a roundup of the top colors that will rock next year in interiors and design.
Talking about the main color trends for 2019 spotted at Milan Design Week 2018, there were two main trends in my opinion to note this year: first one is the wide using of bold colors, most of all primary hues such as bold yellow, reds and bold blues. Second one is the comeback of and of white., or in beautiful color combinations such as gradients and rainbow patterns.
More in details, the top colors for 2019 spotted at Milan Design Week 2018 are:
- Gen-Z yellow: a vivid yellow that was one of the main colors of several settings in Milan, starting from Vitra Typecasting to Mindcraft, to name a few.
|| You can already read more about this color trend in my post
- International klein blue: a deep and bold hue of blue, an everlasting color which this year was really popular in several new designs presented at Milan Design Week (see gallery below)
- Mango: a new color spotted this year in several settings (for example, tehre was a beautiful corner by Vitra in this color). It is a bright and warm hue of orange
- Red: this was another protagonist of this edition of Milan Design Week. From the bold primary red, to darker reds to burgundy
Talking then about pastel hues, referring to a neo-retro mood, they included:
- Millennial pink: still here and almost everywhere in Milan, but as it was really too much about pink I’m quite sure it already had its moment this year. Much more interesting than pink, very soft hues of nude and peach, chosen by several designers in Milan in place of total white and neutrals
- Light green: also defined neo-mint, looks that this pastel hue of green will be
|| Remember I already forecasted about neo-mint in this post?
What about the Pantone 2018 ultraviolet?
That was used just in a few spots, but that were quite interesting ones (such as the Gufram installation, the Dimorestudio Limited edition launch, the Moroso stand at Salone) to make me think we are going to see again more violets. Maybe not exactly the ultra violet one, but lilac and fucsia for sure.
Enjoy now our gallery of the color trends for 2019 as seen at Milan Design Week!
For the full report and to discover more, you can get your copy of
N/T – the eBook about News and Trends from Milan Design Week 2018 to last in 2019.
You will find the complete report from Milan Design Week, including the top colors + other trends for 2019 divided into themes/patterns/shapes.
In addition to this, the eBook features interviews to top international designers and several other contents, totally independent and non-sponsored
interior color trends 2019
2019 color | #1 gen-z yellow
1.Mindcraft, ph 2. Vitra Typecasting, ph 3. Svedish Design Moves, ph Mattia Buffoli 4. Gufram 5. Moroso
2019 color | #2 neo-mint
1.Studiopepe, ph Andrea Ferrari; 2.Marcante-Testa per SEM (Spotti Edizioni Millano)Spotti Edizioni Milano; 3-5. Kartell; 6. Hawa Beirut
2019 color | #3 IKB
1.Marni; 2. Vitra ph ; 3. Sunbrella; 4. Anton Alvarez ; 5. Ingo Maurer; 6. Studiopepe, ph Giuseppe Dinella; 7. Daniel+Emma; 8. Magis
2019 color | #4 mango
1.Vitra, ph Eduardo Perez ; 2. Dutch invertuals
Liked this article? Pin It!
LAST YEAR REPORT
interior color trends 2018 from Milan Design Week 2017
Everybody noticed that this Milan Design Week 2017 was all about color.
Today, however, I’m doing a roundup of the interior color trends for 2018, starting from what I saw in Milan, of those new hues I think will be very cool for the upcoming months.
The big trend is to go more and more towards bright and strong shades. This return to color goes together with a return to the Eighties and its strong design and colour (…). here my notes:
- In Milan here was pink everywhere, as already noticed, especially in the barbie-like pink and in the “millennial pink“.
- Primary colors come back, especially red, the yellow (yes the Minion one), the blue (the klein blue).
- Then there are all the warm and earthy tones, but becoming brighter: from orange, a color I personally dislike but that I’ve seen a lot and that was incorporated in really nice ways ; burgundy red, that reminds me about.
- Loved the violet and dark turquoise match, which I have noticed several times: looks like we will see a lot of violet&purple in next times, right? [ indeed, several months later than this post Pantone announced then ]
- Lots of green as well, although the trend is to go from the dark and desaturated shades that we’ve seen a lot last year (?) to more natural and vitaminic hues: there was no in Milan, but new interesting shades of sage, celery and avocado greens. Love them!
What are your thoughts on this? What is your favourite color proposal from Milan Design Week 2017?
interior color trends 2018
2018 color | #1 millennial pink
1 | – 2 | Yabu Pushelberg – 3 | casa facile Lab – 4 | Cassina 9.0 – 5 | – 6 | table, Pedro Paulo Venzon – 7 | La Refuge, Marc Lagrange
2018 color | #2 curcuma & mustard yellow
1, 2, 3 | – 4 | Jonas Wagell for Tacchini – 5 | MM Lampadari
1 | Fritz hansen – 2 | cassina 9.0 – 3 | DIMORE STUDIO – 4 | Studiopepe
2018 color | #8 burgundy red
1 | Tangent floor lamp, Jenkins&Uhnger – 2 | DIMORE STUDIO – 3, 4 | FÄRG & BLANCHE – 5 | Salvatori at Home – 6 | Bolon by Jean Nouvel – 7 | Swedish Design Goes Milan – 8 | Patricia Urquiola for CC Tapis
Hope you have found this trend report interesting and useful for your work!
Feel free to share but please add credits and link to. Also, sharing it on socials by tagging @italianbark would be really appreciated. Thanks!
You will love also these posts on interior trends:
Versace dresses 2018
Best skinny jeans for boots 2018
Royal blue semi formal dresses photo
Ballerina dresses for women at prom 2018
Hot long hairstyles for women worth trying
Ryan reynolds alanis morissette 2018
Pics of wedding dresses 2018