Mexican Rice Recipe | One Pot Meal | Easy Mexican Rice | Veg Rice Recipe - Indian Vegetarian Recipe
TexMex Rice and Beans
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup | Calories: 291 | Total Fat: 6.2 g | Saturated Fat: 1.0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 70 mg | Carbohydrates: 50.0 g | Dietary Fiber: 8.8 g | Sugars: 2.1 g | Protein: 10.5 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4 |
- 1/2 cup brown rice, cook according to package
- 1/2 cup black beans (soaked overnight according to package)
- 2 tablespoons pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced or
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Add soaked beans to a large saucepan, cover with water plus one additional inch. Add onion and garlic, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low boil and cook for about 2 hours, or until beans are tender. Drain beans, discard water.
- Cook rice according to package.
- Assemble rice, beans, pico de gallo, lettuce, avocado and enjoy! Simple but very tasty!
- For added sweetness, add 1/2 cup whole kernel corn into the mix.
Video: Restaurant Style Mexican Rice
31 Budget Spring Menswear Pieces Worth Buying
7 Reasons Why You Need Aloe Vera Juice in Your Life
Young women increasingly at risk from STIs
How to Organize Office Files
Can a Baby Ever Be Too Fat
Coachella Street Style: 45 Great Looks from theFestival
19 Hair Products That Undo Past Damage
Finally, Positive Entertainment for Girls
This Is What Happens When You Eat Like Kim Kardashian for a Week
How to Treat Dog Splinters
How to Create a Heartbreaking Story
Most Women Should Forgo Ovarian Cancer Screening: Panel
Chronic pain is the great equalizer
Willow and Jaden Smith Poised for World Domination in Interview’ CoverStory